9/17/2012

Tooluxe Durable 10-ft x 10-ft Canopy with Mosquito Net, Foldable, Blue Tarp, Metal Frame



I received the canopy in two days time as promised with hardly a scratch even though the box looked like it had come via banana boat.
My issue is with their customer service after purchasing their product. Living in the city I wanted to use it on my roof deck in addition to camping. The first time I erected the canopy, not having properly secured the legs, a sudden poof of wind lifted it up, over and nearly off the roof. And then it was calm again. That little freak of nature resulted in a cracked leg and a bent truss bar. Writing the company several times, all they could tell me was that had it been damaged in shipping, they could provide parts for the canopy. Otherwise I was out of luck. Shopping around I found other companies that offered replacement parts but alas for their units only. It seems each company has slightly different sizes for their parts. It's the Chinese way.

Needless I was kicking myself for not going with a known brand that offered replacement parts. I ended up going to Sears and getting an E-Z Up brand that offers any part needed should something unfortunate occur again and best part yet it was $34 less and I had it the same day. All with a 2 year guarantee, parts available and good customer service. I know as I called them looking for parts for the first piece of crap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment